Music classes for infants, toddlers and their grown-ups to enjoy together!
Rock-a-Baby is an interactive music program for infants and toddlers. Grown-ups come along for the class or concert as we introduce the stars of our show – puppets Rhythm, Melody and Harmony. Every week we introduce a new theme through song and dance – exploring simple musical concepts through live and recorded sound. Children experience everything from Beethoven and Bach to rap and rock! Classes runs in 6 to 12 week sessions and last 45 minutes each. If you can’t get enough in class, you can purchase our CDs, books, egg shakers and bubble trumpets and play along at home… or for a private gig, we do birthday parties and events.
Rock-a-Baby promotes musical understanding and child development with:
- Curriculum developed by NYU trained music educator, Marc Trachtenberg
- Interactive play
- Hand movement
- Body movement
- Rhythmic repetition
- Improvisation with real instruments designed for children
- Melodic recognition and repetition
- Pictorial imagination
- Expectation and continuity
- Appropriate volume levels for infants and toddlers
- Clean and safe environment